- Manchester Met Benzie Building (School of Art)
The Manchester Writing School Writing and Talking Saturday Club Pilot will run from 21st April through to July 2018.
Part of the nationally-recognised network of Saturday Clubs will meet weekly (usually 10.30-1pm) at Manchester Metropolitan University. Activities are free and will include:
• Workshops led by tutors and professional writers from fields such as journalism, scriptwriting, poetry, performance, creative writing and debating
• Masterclasses from leading experts in their field
• Organised trips
• Publishing work
• An opportunity to be involved in Manchester Children’s Book Festival events
• A summer trip to London for a summer exhibition of National Saturday Club student work at Somerset House
To be eligible, you must be aged between the age of 13 - 16 (Years 9-11) and be available 10am - 1pm each Saturday between 21st April and the end of July, 2018 (term weeks only)
Limited capacity - only 25 places available. No experience required, just enthusiasm, a keen interest in writing and the commitment to attend every week. Places applied for before 29th March will be confirmed by Friday 6th April. If places are filled, we will operate a waiting list.
How do I apply?
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Saturday Club" in the subject line and we will send you an application form. The deadline for submitting applications is Friday 6th April 2018.
Please also see details of the Writing and Talking Saturday Club Taster Day on 17th March 2018. Attendance at this is not a pre-requisite to signing up for the pilot but you may find it of interest.